Black History Month Events
By nature of what we do, we celebrate Black Hospitality, Food & Drink talent all year round. We decided to compile a summary of some of the brilliant events taking place during Black History Month in London. From Supper Clubs, Rum Festivals to Palm Wine Tastings, we have it all listed here!
- 4th October – Akwasi b. Mensa / Tatale Supper Club. This supper club will serve as an introduction to Tatale, a concept which Akwasi Brenya-Mensa will be taking to The Africa Centre in January 2022. The 4-course menu and location will be kept secret and will be revealed 24 hours prior to the event. Tickets are £40, and can be purchased here.
- 16th/17th Octboer – Rumfest 2021 . The UK’s ONLY Premium Rum Experience and the World’s longest running Rum festival, which is in its 15th year ! Visitors will be invited to embark on a journey of rum discovery in the heart of London. The Trade Day and Conference and Rumfest 2021 live are to be held at the ILEC Conference Centre. Head over to the website for more details.
- 16th/ 17th October – Black Eats London Black-Owned Hackney. Opposite Hackney Central station, showcasing London’s best black-owned eats, artisan traders and many more black-owned businesses for Black History Month and beyond. There is free entry to the market, and is certifed vegan friendly.
- 18th October Chef Signatures – The Future Plate is to launch The Future Plate in Bingham Riverhouse just off the Thames, with a 5-course tasting menu prepared by William Chilila, Michelle Trusselle, Mussa Fati, Opeoluwa Odutayo, Jermaine Cunningham and Brian Mwangi. Coupled with complimentary drinks and live African music, get a ticket for £130.00 here.
- 21st October Kolden Kitchen’s 5-course Supper Club. Chef Elody Kolden brings a world of bold flavours and innovative ingredient combinations. This experience is inspired by audacious African/ French fusion cuisine, fine dining in style, and is to be held in one of London’s most eccentric venues: a top-floor creative space with restaurant, art gallery, vintage clothing store and DJ booth in Dalston! This is priced at £70, and you can secure your place here.
- 25th October -Being a Black Woman in Hospitality – Lorraine Copes (Be Inclusive Hospitality) x Akwasi b. Mensa (Tatale) collobrate for a panel discussion, canapes, and networking in celebration of Black women within the industry. Keep an eye on socials for more details and tickets!
- 28th October – London Manya – Batch no.2 Tasting Experience Producers of the first Premium Sparkling Palm Wine, using traditional method, London Manya will be holding a tasting experience to include traditionally inspired Raffia Cuvee and Hibiscus Rose, along with Palm Wine champagne and cocktails. Hosted at Cococure in Aldgate, prices start at £15, and you can purchase them here.
- 29th October – Evening Tea with Yatus Bakery. Talented Chef Adiyatu Sambu-Balde presents an Evening Tea with Yatus Bakery, which will include a selection of Portuguese bites at the Social Pantry Cafe. There will also be music, a raffle and drinks, tickets are £45 each and can be purchased here.